Yes, we found a caterpillar at our garden today, Jade was so exited, but I was concern since I never seen this particular caterpillar with white stuff on it, so I hit the web and some knowledgeable friends to find out this was a hornworm tomato caterpillar but the poor thing was doom, because the white spots were larva eggs from a parasite that will kill him before he could turn into a moth. Jade wanted to help the little guy so she took all the white eggs from the caterpillar but to our surprise the next afternoon they were all back. All we got to do was observe him for a day or two and get rid of him since the eggs were wasp and we didn't really wanted to be around to see them come out. Over all it was a great experience, even thought we didn't get to see him turn into anything, but we will be in the look out for more caterpillars or anything else that catch our attention.

No comments:
Post a Comment