Tuesday, October 7, 2008
not expecting this
I was definitely not expecting to feel this way. Seven months ago I went back to work outside the home after 7 yrs or staying home with my children. I took a temporary, part-time position at my old job. I was very exited to help out . I really enjoyed it, and as bad as it might sounds, going to work felt more like having a little vacation from the kids and all those mundane chores we all have to do. I don't know how to explain it, but working outside the home gave me a sense of worth I didn't know I was missing. Is so easy to get caught up in every day life and feel the routine just wear you out. Going to work was an escape, a very needed one. Once I stop, I realize how much I was feeding from this. I'm not one to get depress, but after my last day instead of being thankful for my freedom and all the extra time to home school and still have weekends off and go to field trips and take some new hobbies, I just withdrew from most everything including my new found blog friends. I'm definitely getting over it and my life is more busy than ever, and things inside of me are back to normal. Once again I find total satisfaction and worth as a mom. I hope I can learn from this experience, what ever made me feel that way. That is not who I am and I don't want to be. I want to learn to be content in every situation. And I'm very thankful for the opportunity to stay home with my children and home school them and love on them any time of the day. That is a true blessing. I hope to learn from this and look back and see how good God is to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hola su Mia. We miss you. But your job as a mother is the greatest gift ever. Keep in touch.
Post a Comment